Wednesday, June 22, 2016

America

I used to love the homeless man
but now I’m scared he’ll bite my hand
take my money and buy alcohol.

I used to love the aliens
but now I know they steal my tax
so I agree let’s kick them out and watch them starve

My friends are gay and quite I’m confused
So I read some blogs on what to do
but all are proud of battle lines

And now its all becoming clear
What the point of life is here
"Love, laugh just have some fun
You’re saved, you’re done"

america, land of the free
america, where Jesus is who
you want Him to be


So lets all go turn off our brains
grab our iPhones and watch the game
binge on a show and sit and hope
that someday somethings change

And all around me things try to grow
as I watch for likes on Facebook posts
And when we all try to be heard
mockingbirds, we’re mockingbirds

We use our freedom to make more laws
and with our privilege build more walls
to keep the sick from getting well
to condemn the seeking straight to hell

Whitewashed tombs with comfort gods
Ignore the poor and clothe our dogs
We were made for so much more
than what we buy, consume, or store

america, land of the free
america, where Jesus is who
You want Him to be


And we’re not into sanctification
But we’ll take the gifts.
And the Holy Spirit freaks us out
So we leave him out of this
And I feel like I’m drowning slowly
“Being saved” can feel like chains
Oh Jesus we need you dearly
When we lead, we lose the way

No comments:

Post a Comment